Welcome to Borgess Run Camp
What You Need To Know!
- We’re here to help, but please be involved in your own development. Set your own goals and make a commitment to your own success!
- You are responsible for your own safety. Please be careful.
- Please be a team player! Be positive! Be helpful!
- Borgess Run Camp will be a supportive, structured, social and informative weekly gathering to help people prepare for the Borgess Run for the Health of It.
- The Camp training philosophy will be the “rule of specificity,” meaning that pace and distance in training are the chief determining factors in race performance. The Camp will promote appropriate mileage buildup and guidelines generally regarded as safe for completing distance runs and improving performance.
- The Camp will promote stretching and flexibility as a means of injury prevention.
- The Camp will suggest the need for total body fitness, general wellness and good
- The Camp will make available knowledgeable people to provide limited instruction, training guidelines and some personal advice, but campers will not be coached, per se.
- Campers will not be “pushed,” and safety — especially in light of running on public streets and highways during the winter — will be emphasized.
- Campers will be responsible for their own goals and training regimens, their own personal conditioning and their own safety.
- The social aspects of running will be stressed. Camping should be fun.