How it works:
Four 90-minute weekday information sessions will be held at Borgess Health & Fitness Center.
- January 10, Kickoff and key strategies
- January 24, Helpful information
- March 6, Course Corrections
- May 1, Wrap-up and Race Preparation
You may register for one of two groups for the 90-minute weekday sessions (Limit, 25 persons per group)
Group 1: 5 pm for all four sessions; or Group 2: 7 pm for all four sessions.
Information covered in the first two sessions includes:
- goal setting
- zone training
- importance of workout variety
- importance of cross training
- importance of strength training
- importance of warming up and stretching
- nutrition for exercise performance
- importance of meal timing to workouts
Fee for Good Times! is $25
If you’ve been running for a few years, and 2012 is starting to feel like the time to set some new performance goals, take heart.
We’ve added a performance enhancement coach, two informative sessions on how to achieve more, ongoing support for your training efforts, a mid-camp “course-correction” session and a group celebration of success.
Why include performance enhancement support in Borgess Run Camp? We know that for many people, setting and achieving new performance and/or competitive goals are a big part of who they are. Camp itself helps, of course, but we’ll bring some informational and social support to the training process as well.
If you sign up for Good Times!, we encourage you to attend all informational sessions, make use of the resources and tools we offer and suggest, and set goals that fit within your lifestyle
Other Good Times! Features
- Guidelines on intensity of training.
- Encouragement to know (and measure) heart rate.
- Communications and reference material support.
- Strategies on avoiding injury.
- Strategies to maximize workout effectiveness.